Winter, 2013 - 2014
We are looking forward to another summer of student chamber music in Southwest Harbor. Last summer’s program was another huge success! Young musicians refined their musicianship and worked alongside each other as a music family for an intensive two day festival. Last Spring, an ensemble of young local musicians was coached by Bangor violinist Samuel Glazman under our sponsorship. For the second school year, ARS provided an excellent music opportunity for chamber ensemble playing and performance, and this is being repeated in 2014! These young students performed solos and chamber music in a concert to benefit the Westside Food Pantry at St. John Church in Southwest Harbor, raising needed funds. Our final public concert was an exciting event, musically some of the best work ever, and was attended by a large audience of appreciative family and friends.
We invite you to participate in the coming season by attending our performances, contributing some time helping out during and before the program week, and sustaining Arthur Russell Strings with a financial contribution. Financial contributions to our program are critical to making so much happen. Your gifts keep opportunities open to:
• Listen to a chamber music ensemble
• Bring fine strings and piano instruction to Mount Desert Island each summer
• Nurture a love of live, classical music in young musicians, ages 11 through 18
• Provide a supportive and fun week of high level individual and group teaching by professionals
• Bring college age conservatory students “from away” to share their enthusiasm and creativity with Maine youth
• Embrace the opportunity to forge joyful musical relationships in small ensembles
When you support Arthur Russell Strings, you literally give life to music. We are grateful and humbled by your generosity and look forward to providing another inspiring season with your assistance.
Noreen Silver, Assistant Artistic Director